Wednesday 17 April 2013

Blue Ball and Society Makes Me Sad

These are 2 video I made in my first year. It is very interesting looking back now because I feel like I have arrived back at a similar point in my third year. The faux-television aesthetic is something that has become the way I make videos. A person that is more interested in popular/mainstream culture, that watches television and glossy music videos on the internet, might find that artist video falls short aesthetically. Where a person might thrive on this constant visual familiarisation, artists put other factors at higher priority than glossy finishes, which derive from this 'mainstream' style. I have learnt that I can quite easily make glossy style music videos but I do not want this style to be the focal point. However, I am interested in how I can exploit these trends in filming styles.